June 26, 2023 – UPDATED July 12, 2023
The Community Engagement Committee of the Magnolia Chamber of Commerce has developed a questionnaire sent to the Seattle City Council candidates for the 6th & 7th districts and the King County Council District 4 candidates. The questions reflect the concerns of the Magnolia community, including those we have heard from small business owners.
Below, we share the responses we received from the Seattle City Council and King County Council candidates. Not all candidates participated in returning the questionnaire. We also provide the link to the candidate websites. The primary election is on August 1st. The general election is on November 7th.
A reminder: The Seattle city council redistricting process in 2022 split the Magnolia peninsula into two council districts. You can click here to determine if you are voting in the 6th or 7th council district.
Seattle City Council – District 6
- Dan Strauss (incumbent) – answers to Chamber questions
- Peter Hanning – answers to Chamber questions
- Dale Kutzera
- Jon Lisbin
- Victoria Palmer – answers to Chamber questions
- Shea Wilson – answers to Chamber questions
Seattle City Council – District 7
- Andrew Lewis (incumbent) – answers to Chamber questions
- Isabelle Kerner – answers to Chamber questions
- Bob Kettle – answers to Chamber questions
- Aaron Marshall
- Olga Sagan – answers to Chamber questions
- Wade Sowders
Metropolitan King County Council – District 4