Find it, Fix it App – solutions to problems at your finger tips

July 9, 2024. Have an issue with graffiti on a building or bridge? Are you concerned about a vehicle parked for more than three days in a public right of way? Found some illegal dumping on your street? The city of Seattle may have the solution for you.

“Find It, Fix It” is a smartphone app offering mobile users one more way to report selected issues to the City of Seattle.

With Find It, Fix It, reporting an issue is as easy as snapping a photo with your smartphone, adding detailed information, and hitting submit. The map’s “drag and drop” feature or the phone’s own technology can be used to pinpoint the location.

Android users can download the app from the Google Play Store and iPhone users can download it from the App Store. The app offers the following service request categories:

  • Abandoned Vehicle/72hr Parking Ordinance: Report vehicles parked in a public right of way more than three days.
  • Clogged Storm Drain: Report a clogged storm drain.
  • Dead Animal: Report a dead animal for pickup by animal control officers.
  • Found a Pet: Report a pet you found within the City of Seattle.
  • Graffiti: Report graffiti, including what it is on — parking meter, utility pole or building — so it gets automatically routed to the appropriate department for response.
  • Illegal Dumping / Needles: Report illegal dumping — junk, garbage or debris — on public property, including roadsides, open streets and paved alleys.
  • Lost a Pet: Report your own pet that you have lost within the City of Seattle.
  • Overgrown Vegetation: Report overgrown vegetation in public right of way areas or on City property.
  • Nuisance dogs in a park: Report off-leash dogs in Seattle parks not in a designated off-leash area; dogs in park playfields, playgrounds, fountains and beaches; or when dog owners are failing to pick up their dog’s feces in a park
  • Parking Enforcement: Make an inquiry regarding a parking concern.
  • Parks and Recreation Maintenance: Report damage or maintenance issues in City of Seattle parks.
  • Pothole: Report a pothole.
  • Public Litter and Recycling Cans: Report overflows or damage to sidewalk litter cans.
  • Scooter or Bike Share Issue: Report a parking or maintenance issue with a shared scooter or bike.
  • Snow and Ice: Report issues related to snow and ice within the Seattle city limits.
  • Street Sign Maintenance: Report damaged street signs.
    Streetlight: Report a streetlight outage or damaged streetlight.
    Traffic Signal Maintenance: Report malfunctioning pedestrian and traffic signals and beacons, radar speed signs, and school zone and pedestrian rapid flashing beacons.
  • Unauthorized Encampment: Report unauthorized encampments in City parks and rights of way.,or
  • General Inquiry—Customer Service Bureau: This miscellaneous category is for inquiries or requests not listed above, which will be processed by the City’s Customer Service Bureau.

Magnolians have reported relatively good success in receiving the city’s response to challenging issues such as those listed above. Download the app today to have a unique and innovative service available in Seattle, right on your smartphone device.